Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mission Rules

My name is Donald, and I have been playing Pokemon in various forms ever since its 1998 release. Recently I've taken to having new playthroughs of games with mono-type teams - teams devoted to the use of a single Pokemon.

In Black, it was Fire. Black 2 was Bug, and Pokemon X was Fire again. There's a commonality here - those types had event Pokemon come out at the time I played the runs (Victini, Genesect and Mega-Blaziken) that made the game way easier than it would be normally.

Now that Pokemon Bank is out, I have undertaken what is probably a long-term challenge. I'm going to beat Pokemon X eighteen times - on 18 files - with 18 types, and maybe submit my findings to GameFAQs at the end.

There are rules in play:

ONLY KALOS DEX POKEMON
Just because I have Pokemon Bank doesn't mean I'm going to abuse it in that fashion.  The whole purpose of this is to work with what the game gives me. This also means no Wonder Trades. Trade evos, however, are fair game.

THE RUN STARTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Once I find a Pokemon of the type and start using it, only Pokemon of that type can gain experience in battle. The only exception I'll allow is if I have an HM mule in my party and I happen to have the Exp Share turned on.

 ONLY ONE HM MULE AT A TIME
If I can't work an HM into my team naturally, I can only carry one Pokemon at a shot. This will mainly apply to the Water HMs and Cut only. In other words, I'm gonna see a LOT of Panpour/Simipour.

I CAN CATCH OTHER THINGS, JUST CAN'T USE THEM
I'm still somewhat obsessive about catching everything, so I'll keep doing it. I just have to throw them into the PC. Most of my experience will be from trainers, but since you now get experience from a catch...

That's it.

The run starts soon with the first type - Ghost.

If I've forgotten anything, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment